Friday, December 21, 2012

Home Energy Makeover Semi-finalist: Markus

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the EnergySmart Home Energy Makeover contest!  Over the next few weeks we will share the stories of all our semi-finalists.  Enjoy!

Essay by Markus: 
My motivation for a Home Energy Makeover is based on an imperative I feel to do everything I can to address global warming after 10 years of working at NCAR. That decade of exposure to scientists and engineers exploring the causes and implications of climate change has awakened me to the growing crisis of our time. Nearly every day at work, I sat at lunch and learned a new eye opening discovery about the nature and trajectory of the changes we're seeing to weather and climate around the globe. My growing concern has led me to make changes to my personal life, using less energy at home, engaging the EnergySmart program to find new efficiencies, driving less and less, and bicycling more and more.

After doing my part as a web engineer to accelerate the pace of atmospheric science over all those years, I recently made a big change in my life. I decided to become a poet and writer. I'll be publishing my first book of poetry this Fall. My dream is to write under a roof of solar panels providing my energy as I raise awareness about how we can walk with more wisdom on this Earth.


Energetically yours,
Markus

Posted by Shawn Lindabury

No comments:

Post a Comment